I met the chef Gustavo Riguerial back in São Paulo. Honestly, It’s while researching on instagram (gus_chefaporter) that I came across his recipes. After having worked at Dom restaurant, which is listed amongst the 10 best restaurant in the world, the idea of creating the “secret diner” came up… It consists in organizing dinners that take place in locations kept a secret until the actual day of the dinner ! Dinner in a parc, in a photo studio, in a library… I loved the the idea of discovering a new dish and place at the same time. I didn’t leave there empty handed, he entrusted his fabulous recipe of roasted figs to me. And here it is !
- 4 figs
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 cups of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 small stick of cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 2 ground of black pepper
- 2 cups of natural yogurt
- 1 coup of crème fraiche
- 1 vanilla bean (only the seeds)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 leaves of peppermint
- Wash the figs and gently, cut them in half.
- In a hot sauté pan, high heat, melt the butter and grill de figs on both sides, until they get golden.
- In the same moment, add the wine, the sugar and all the spices (cinnamon, cloves and black pepper).
- Bake the figs for 10 minutes in the oven at 150C until they get soft, but not falling apart. The sauce must be thick and full of aromas and flavors from all the spices.
- Let it cool until the moment of serving.
Prepare the ice cream beating the crème fraiche in a bowl, until getting a heavy whipped cream.
- Add the yogurt, the honey and the vanilla seeds, mixing them gently to not lose the air that is inside the mixture.
- Store the ice cream in a tupperware and let it cool in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- After that time, shake the tupperware furiously for two minutes and put it back in the freezer. ( same process every 30 mins, 3 times) - Let it cool in the freezer until the moment of serving.
- In a dish, place some figs and the ice cream, then pour the juice from the fruit. (it must be thick and bright).
- Make a quenelle with the vanilla ice cream, using a spoon.
- Garnish with the peppermint leafs.